How Sleep Apnea Impacts the Body and What To Do About It Can Sleep Apnea Cause Weight Gain
Sleep apnea (SA), an undiagnosed condition, impacts about 10% of the American population. All of us know that when we are sleeping, our body is in a coma-like state; however, we are not mindful that sleep apnea occurs due to the muscles in the airway relaxing and closing, even when we are asleep. This absence of air flow causes lots of health problems, consisting of breathing stops briefly, excess snoring, and, finally, sleep apnea. Can Sleep Apnea Cause Weight Gain
What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a sleep condition that interferes with breathing patterns during sleep.
Breathing stops momentarily when the air passage becomes obstructed, then starts again with a loud snort. This might take place hundreds of times each night.
This can lead to extreme daytime drowsiness, poor quality of life, and physical conditions such as hypertension or cardiovascular disease. Sleep apnea can also make driving or running heavy machinery harmful.
What is Sleep Apnea and How to Acknowledge it?
Sleep apnea is a condition that results in breathing interruptions throughout sleep, causing less oxygen intake and less hours of sleep. VitalSleep
The cause of sleep apnea is the unintended collapse of the airways because of muscles around them damaging or ending up being too unwinded.
Sleep apnea can be diagnosed with a health examination. An overnight video recording is called polysomnography or home screening tools that determine airflow.
Frequently patients can figure out if they have sleep apnea by self-monitoring their snoring patterns.
Restless nights and persistent exhaustion can be caused by sleep apnea. It’s hard to tell when you’re snoring. Still, there are a couple of signs that you may have it: your partner informs you when they hear it, you get up with a sore throat or headache, or when your bedmate says that they got up to discover that the position of the bed had been disturbed.
Effects Sleep Apnea has on the body
The most common results of sleep apnea can result in hypertension, obesity, diabetes, heart problem.
- High blood pressure, or hypertension, is a typical illness. It can result in an increased risk of heart disease and stroke. 22% of people with sleep apnea have hypertension.
- Weight problems has actually been a growing issue for several years. It is now considered an international epidemic. Obesity is a condition that, if left without treatment, can result in other issues such as sleep apnea, diabetes, stroke, and heart attack..
- Sleep apnea is a disorder that impacts breathing while sleeping. This can trigger diabetic patients to wake up during the night to ensure they’re getting adequate oxygen.
- Sleep apnea is a condition where one’s breathing is quickly disrupted during sleep. Those with sleep apnea are at higher risk for heart disease than those without it.
This is why it is so essential to evaluate whether you have it or not. Can Sleep Apnea Cause Weight Gain VitalSleep
How Sleep Apnea Affects the Brain.
Sleep Apnea is a sleep condition that impacts the breathing system. Sleep apnea avoids the brain from getting sufficient oxygen by disrupting breathing patterns. The most serious form of sleep apnea is called Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) when a person’s air passage ends up being blocked throughout sleep.
It can impact brain function in lots of ways, the most severe interruption of memory and imagination.
The disturbance of memory and creativity is one of the adverse effects of sleep apnea. It has been shown that victims have diminished efficiency in tests that need imagination or memory. Sleep apnea triggers breathing to pick up as much as 20 seconds which triggers oxygen deprivation. A blockage of the airway causes sleep apnea during sleep, most frequently thickening tissue in the back of the throat due to. VitalSleep
Without enough oxygen, it can be challenging to maintain info or think creatively. In addition, individuals with serious cases of OSA are more likely to have hypertension and high cholesterol levels, which can result in cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
How Sleep Apnea Affects Your Every Day Life
Many people with sleep apnea experience these effects:.
- Interrupted sleep and daytime tiredness.
- Increased risk of cardiac arrest, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
- Unsafe driving and work environment accidents.
And they can result in:
- Anxiety. Depression can cause a wide variety of symptoms. Among the most typical symptoms is extreme sleepiness, linked to sleep apnea, absence of oxygen or snoring.
- Poor memory and intellectual function. Sleep apnea and its result on memory and intelligent function is a widespread problem..
- Studies show that individuals who support a healthy sleep schedule are less likely to lose their jobs or get fired due to absences. Sleep apnea, identified by unusual pauses in breathing or shallow breaths during sleep, can trigger sufferers to feel exhausted the next day and make them more susceptible to getting fired.
- Relationship issues with your partner or spouse. It prevails for relationships to suffer when one or both partners experience sleep apnea. The loud snoring, sleep interruption, and daytime fatigue can take a toll on the relationship. It is essential to get treatment for your partner if they are suffering from sleep apnea. Otherwise, you may find yourself residing in a cycle of persistent anger, anxiety, and resentment.
How to Discover a Solution
Sleep apnea is a respiratory condition that affects the flow of air to the lungs throughout sleep. Individuals with sleep apnea experience durations of interrupted breathing, specifically when sleeping in the evening, causing inadequate oxygen in the blood. This can result in extreme daytime sleepiness and tiredness. VitalSleep
Many solutions can be utilized for sleep apnea, but the only issue is discovering the very best one for you. Can Sleep Apnea Cause Weight Gain
The very best method to learn which solution is best for your sleep apnea is to speak with a medical professional. If you can not find one, there are still other methods to figure it out.
First of all, try taking different medications and see how they deal with your body. If you utilize a nasal strip or device every night when sleeping, ensure to note whether or not it has any positive effects on your breathing patterns.
The most typical treatment for sleep apnea is CPAP (continuous favorable airway pressure), which includes using a mask. At the same time, you are asleep, but this can be uncomfortable due to its feeling on your face or mouth or since it is too loud. For that reason people are turning to mouthpieces as an alternative service.
If you’re searching for a better sleep apnea mouthpiece, VitalSleep has you covered. This mouthpiece is FDA-cleared and a reliable solution for snoring. It’s designed to align the airway and decrease the level of blockage throughout sleep.
In summary, sleep apnea is a major sleep disrupter and a fatal disease. If you are experiencing any sleep apnea symptoms, you ought to arrange a consultation with your medical professional to discuss your signs. Can Sleep Apnea Cause Weight Gain VitalSleep
We want you to be aware that some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. We will receive a commission if you click on one of the links and purchase the product. This commission helps support the blog and allows us to continue providing high-quality content. I appreciate your support!