How Sleep Apnea Affects the Body and What To Do About It Can Sleep Apnea Cause Numbness And Tingling
Sleep apnea (SA), an undiagnosed condition, affects about 10% of the American population. All of us know that when we are sleeping, our body remains in a coma-like state; however, we are not aware that sleep apnea happens due to the muscles in the airway relaxing and closing, even when we are asleep. This lack of air flow triggers lots of health problems, consisting of breathing stops briefly, excess snoring, and, finally, sleep apnea. Can Sleep Apnea Cause Numbness And Tingling
What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that disrupts breathing patterns during sleep.
Breathing stops momentarily when the air passage ends up being obstructed, then starts once again with a loud snort. This may take place numerous times each night.
This can lead to extreme daytime sleepiness, poor quality of life, and physical conditions such as hypertension or cardiovascular disease. Sleep apnea can also make driving or running heavy machinery hazardous.
What is Sleep Apnea and How to Acknowledge it?
Sleep apnea is a condition that results in breathing disturbances during sleep, resulting in less oxygen intake and fewer hours of sleep. VitalSleep
The reason for sleep apnea is the unintentional collapse of the respiratory tracts because of muscles around them weakening or ending up being too unwinded.
Sleep apnea can be diagnosed with a physical examination. An overnight video recording is called polysomnography or house screening tools that measure air flow.
Often patients can identify if they have sleep apnea by self-monitoring their snoring patterns.
Agitated nights and chronic exhaustion can be triggered by sleep apnea. It’s difficult to tell when you’re snoring. Still, there are a few signs that you may have it: your partner informs you when they hear it, you get up with a sore throat or headache, or when your bedmate says that they awakened to find that the position of the bed had been interrupted.
Impacts Sleep Apnea has on the body
The most typical impacts of sleep apnea can cause hypertension, weight problems, diabetes, cardiovascular disease.
- High blood pressure, or hypertension, is a common health issue. It can result in an increased threat of heart disease and stroke. 22% of people with sleep apnea have hypertension.
- Obesity has actually been a growing issue for many years. It is now considered a worldwide epidemic. Obesity is a condition that, if left without treatment, can cause other concerns such as sleep apnea, diabetes, stroke, and cardiac arrest..
- Diabetes is a persistent condition where the body can not process sugar because of insufficient insulin. The two main types are Type 1 and Type 2. It’s normally diagnosed in adults but can likewise be analyzed in kids or adolescents. Sleep apnea is a condition that affects breathing while sleeping. This can cause diabetic clients to get up during the night to guarantee they’re getting adequate oxygen.
- Sleep apnea is a condition whereby one’s breathing is briefly interrupted throughout sleep. Those with sleep apnea are at greater risk for heart disease than those without it.
This is why it is so crucial to assess whether you have it or not. Can Sleep Apnea Cause Numbness And Tingling VitalSleep
How Sleep Apnea Affects the Brain.
Sleep Apnea is a sleep disorder that impacts the respiratory system. Sleep apnea prevents the brain from getting sufficient oxygen by interfering with breathing patterns. The most extreme kind of sleep apnea is called Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) when a person’s airway becomes obstructed throughout sleep.
It can affect brain function in numerous ways, the most serious interruption of memory and creativity.
The disruption of memory and imagination is among the negative effects of sleep apnea. It has been shown that victims have lessened efficiency in tests that require imagination or memory. Sleep apnea triggers breathing to stop for approximately 20 seconds which triggers oxygen deprivation. A blockage of the airway triggers sleep apnea during sleep, most typically thickening tissue in the back of the throat due to. VitalSleep
Without sufficient oxygen, it can be challenging to keep information or believe creatively. Additionally, individuals with extreme cases of OSA are more likely to have high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels, which can lead to cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
How Sleep Apnea Impacts Your Every Day Life
The majority of people with sleep apnea experience these effects:.
- Interrupted sleep and daytime fatigue.
- Increased danger of cardiac arrest, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
- Unsafe driving and office mishaps.
And they can lead to:
- Depression. Depression can cause a wide variety of symptoms. Among the most typical signs is excessive drowsiness, connected to sleep apnea, absence of oxygen or snoring.
- Poor memory and intellectual function. Sleep apnea and its result on memory and smart function is a widespread issue..
- Research studies reveal that individuals who support a healthy sleep schedule are less most likely to lose their tasks or get fired due to lacks. Sleep apnea, identified by unusual pauses in breathing or shallow breaths during sleep, can trigger victims to feel tired the next day and make them more vulnerable to getting fired.
- Relationship issues with your partner or spouse. It prevails for relationships to suffer when one or both partners experience sleep apnea. The loud snoring, sleep disruption, and daytime fatigue can take a toll on the relationship. It is essential to get treatment for your partner if they are experiencing sleep apnea. Otherwise, you may find yourself living in a cycle of chronic anger, depression, and resentment.
How to Find a Solution
Sleep apnea is a breathing disorder that impacts the circulation of air to the lungs throughout sleep. People with sleep apnea experience periods of disrupted breathing, particularly when sleeping at night, resulting in inadequate oxygen in the blood. This can result in extreme daytime sleepiness and tiredness. VitalSleep
Lots of services can be utilized for sleep apnea, but the only problem is finding the very best one for you. Can Sleep Apnea Cause Numbness And Tingling
The best method to find out which solution is best for your sleep apnea is to seek advice from a physician. If you can not discover one, there are still other methods to figure it out.
Of all, attempt taking different medications and see how they work with your body. If you use a nasal strip or device every night when sleeping, ensure to note whether or not it has any positive results on your breathing patterns.
The most typical treatment for sleep apnea is CPAP (continuous favorable airway pressure), which includes wearing a mask. At the same time, you are asleep, but this can be uncomfortable due to its sensation on your face or mouth or because it is too noisy. Individuals are turning to mouth pieces as an alternative option.
If you’re looking for a better sleep apnea mouthpiece, VitalSleep has you covered. This mouthpiece is FDA-cleared and an efficient option for snoring. It’s developed to align the respiratory tract and minimize the level of obstruction throughout sleep.
In summary, sleep apnea is a serious sleep disrupter and a lethal disease. If you are experiencing any sleep apnea signs, you should schedule a consultation with your doctor to discuss your signs. Your doctor will perform a physical exam and respond to any questions you might have. The physician may also suggest a sleep research study to identify your treatment options. Can Sleep Apnea Cause Numbness And Tingling VitalSleep
We want you to be aware that some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. We will receive a commission if you click on one of the links and purchase the product. This commission helps support the blog and allows us to continue providing high-quality content. I appreciate your support!